Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Portobello mushrooms

I have a new love.  Big, fresh portobello mushrooms are being added to my list of favorites!  I just seasoned and grilled one up for a salad and I tell you what, it is the best meat replacement ever!  They cook up so juicy, flavor-FULL, and meaty and in my opinion taste better than any steak I've ever had.  Then again, I don't eat steak so I'm sure many would disagree with me; especially my husband.  I just started playing around with them after searching for something new to create and wow, I have a major crush.  And what's even better is the fact that they are loaded with nutrients and fiber, they are low in calories and have no fat.

Throw on into a bag add some italian dressing, dijon, garlic, onion powder, salt and pepper and gently rub the marinade all over the mushroom.  Place on a hot grill set to low flipping every five minutes until it begins looking soft and juicy!

Whoa delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment