Thursday, June 4, 2009

To be or not to be...

Home for the weekend! Buffalo, NY and home of WEGMANS! The greatest grocery store known to man. After my dad picked me up we headed straight there for a dynamite lunch of perfectly grilled chicken, broccoli rabe, grilled veggies and veggie soup! Then of course a quick stroll around the store to pick-up some healthy eats for the weekend. After Egg whites, ww bread, omega-3 eggs, all natural sparkling water, tuna and some chicken breasts we were on way! Beautiful sunny skies and NO HUMIDITY! It feels good to come home!

Everytime I think that I'm sure I'm making the right decision about going back to school of a dietetics degree someone or something seems to change my mind. I've been unsure for a year but now I am really thinking that going the RD route just isn't right. In an attempt to dive deeper into the nutrition/health field I thought the best way to do that was to simply become an RD. Although the more research I do and the more people in that field to whom I speak the less certain I feel. Truth is, I don't want to work in a hospital, clinic, nursing home, etc. and that seems to be the career path of an RD. I want to write, represent, or promote and of course somehow fit cooking into that! I'm getting dizzy! I guess coming home this weekend, taking time away from my day-to-day life really allows me to sit and think about what I want to do with my future. With already a year under my belt towards an RD degree I think I better cut my losses and explore other options.

No comments:

Post a Comment