Monday, August 17, 2009

Protein Pancake

Seeing that it's before six in the morning and I'm already up I figured that I should give some credit to my favorite breakfast recipe! The thing that gets me up and out of bed and gives me the energy I need to get through the morning. The breakfast pancake! There are probably several variations to it but this is how I make it. This recipe makes one big pancake that I top with peanut or almond butter. It's my biggest meal of the day and it powers me through my morning workouts.

1/2 cup egg whites
1/4 cup cottage cheese
1/2 cup oatmeal
1 pinch of salt
1 packet/teaspoon of stevia or more if you'd like it sweeter
1/2 t vanilla
2 T almond/peanut butter (no pb if you're allergic!)

Heat a pan over medium heat while you mix the ingredients. Using a blender, add all ingredients besides peanut/almond butter and pure until mixture is creamy.

Coat the hot pan with oil spray and pour mixture into pan and cover.

After about four minutes, flip the pancake and cut the heat. Let sit in pan for at least three minutes then flip out onto plate. Cover in peanut/almond butter!

Y-U-M! This will have the power to pull you out of bed no matter how early!

No comments:

Post a Comment